Sunday, September 13, 2009

2 Challenges - One Card


This is a first for me, but I managed to combine two challenges on one card. First I used the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge 116. (See the sketch above.) The second challenge was for 365 Cards - Day 196 "Just a Touch". For it, we had to stamp with black on white and add "just a touch" of colour. I chose to use this Hanglar Stanglar image (was a rak), and just colour the pumpkins. I actually like how the little bit of colour behind the girl gives focus to her and to the pumpkins at the same time! This is something I normally would never have thought to try, thus another reason I love these challenges!

Card Details: Stamps - Hanglar Stanglar, Artemio (flourish); Flowers and Leaves - raks; Ribbon - Stampin' Up; CS - Recollections, Cricut Rainbow; Punch - MS Lace; CB Folder - Swirls. I coloured the image with pencil crayons.

5 comments:

Pamela Wade said...

What a gorgeous card! I love these challenges too! I was glad I didn't have to color the WHOLE image! I love the way yours looks! ~~Pam

Deb said...

Very cute card Dorie Ellen! I wouldn't have ever thought of just coloring part of the image but I like the look of it.

gbarron56 said...

Isn't this sweet! Love the fourishes in the background! Great job with the sketch challenge this week. Thanks for playing along with the 411 Operators! blessings, Gretchen

Kay Kalthoff said...

I like the way you colored your image! Very clever!
Kay

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute...love the reverse spotlighting you did behind the main image! Great job with the sketch!