Saturday, October 16, 2010

Poinsettia

Do you ever lay in bed and as you're falling asleep ideas for cards pop into your head? This was one of those ideas. Of course it looks somewhat different than what I had in mind, but at least the idea got me started on the creative process!

I stamped the holly along the edge with Judikins aegean silver EB powder. It gives it a nice sparkly look and is my newest and most favourite EB powder at the moment! I used red stickles for the berries, and once everything was dry I cut the edge out by hand. None of the poinsettias I had in my stash seemed to fit or match, so I made this one by hand. The petals were scraps from the centres of some CB flowers I had made, and the leaves were just cut in duplicate by hand. I embossed everything to give it dimension.

No comments: