Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby oh Baby!

I finally can start posting what I have been working on for the past couple of months!  I have been a busy girl and have lots of exciting things to post, including my first tutorial.  

First:  It's a Miracle!
My niece was diagnosed about a year and a half ago with breast cancer, and before she started her treatments the doctors informed her that the chemotherapy would destroy her eggs, and any future hopes of having a family.  She and her fiance took steps to try and save some eggs before the treatments began, but it just wasn't meant to be.  Sometimes God has miracles in mind instead, and 5 months after my niece's last chemo treatment she and her fiance defied the odds and found out they were expecting their first child!!!  She is due next month and everything seems to be going extremely well with her pregnancy.  Tomorrow we are having a humongous baby shower for her.  It's going to be a wonderful celebration of life as both my niece and her baby are cancer survivors!  I was given the special honours of making the invitations, thank you cards, and favours for the shower.  I've had so much fun making them, and I can finally share them with you.

Here is the invitation:
Front and Back Views (Sorry but I had to delete some private information.) 
The back pocket contains a map with directions, and a card with her registry informaiton.
The theme for the shower is duckies with all the spring colours. 


No comments: