Friday, December 3, 2010

Vintage Christmas Music Card

Have you ever made a mistake, and then discovered something you actually liked better while trying to fix it? Well, that's what happened when I made this card! I embossed the top layer with my SU folder, only to discover I had embossed the wrong side. It was a problem because I had already torn the edge on the angle that I needed so I couldn't turn it around. So...what to do? I didn't really like the debossed look, so I added a couple of shims, and ran the cs through again to see if I could get rid of the embossing. It didn't disappear when it flattened it out, but instead left a nice vintage look with just the right amount of texture on my cs. I actually thought the appearance fit this card better than the raised embossing would have.

I found free sheet music on the web and copied it, then resized it to fit my card. Then I inked the edges to distress it a little bit. I also embossed the corner of the tag with gold eb powder. I finished it off with a Heidi Grace sentiment, my Martha Stewart leaf punch and an old button. TFL

1 comment:

Connie B. said...

Love this Christmas card. The music paper in the background is perfect. Great job!