Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

I found this tree stamp at Michael's in the $1.50 bin! The sentiment came from the same bin last year. Gotta love a good deal! So this is my first card with the tree stamp. The holly are my own stamped embellishments. I'm really into the clean and simple look this year for cards.

One of my favourite tips I once learned is to take a silver (or you can use gold too) metalic broad tip marker, use an exacto knife and cut a small slit in the middle of the broad tip, and slide it along the edge of your cs for a nice silver edge! It comes out straight and even, and looks like another layer without having to mat it.

Card Details: Stamps - Recollections (tree), Studio G (sentiment), Heidi Grace (holly); Pilot silver metalic marker; Bling - Hero Arts; Candy Cane Stickles; Diamond dust Gelly Roll pen; Ink - Colourbox (pheasant gold), Versa Colour (Bark), Memories black Dye, Versamark; and Ranger silver EB powder.

2 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Such a nice card! I love those $1 bins! Never know what you'll find! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

Pam said...

This is beautiful!