Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Grade 8 Graduation

Wow!! Child number two graduated from Grade 8 last night. It was an emotional night for me watching my second child graduate and move on to highschool (beginning in the fall). Child number one graduates from Grade 12 in two days, so I'm sure to be an emotional wreck for that one!! It helps that he's not moving out yet, but will be attending our local college in the fall. We will be celebrating with a double graduation party this weekend. It should be a fun time. I'm very proud of both graduates. It's scary to think that the next one graduates from grade 8 two years from now and the last one will follow two years later! They are all growing up sooo fast.

I made this card for my daughter. GAG stands for Glynn A. Green School. I used regular green, yellow and white cs, and dark green Core'dination cs. Green and yellow were her school colours. I used the swiss dots EB folder again (can you tell I like this one, I use it sooo much!). The flowers are from a gift basket I received from a friend. Brads and eyelets are from Michaels, the Congrats stamp is Studio G, and the grad cap, letters, and numbers stamps are from the dollar store. The Itsy flourish stamp was in a prize rak I received from the More Than Scrapbooking forum. ( http://www.morethanscrapbooking.com/MyStudio/vbforum/) There are a great group of ladies on this forum, and you're always welcome to join us...the more the merrier! If you join, mention that I sent you as there's a contest going on and I could use the reference! lol

No comments: