Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Destination Wedding Scrolls and Thank You Card

My niece just got married in Belize, and since it was a destination wedding the favours were a bit of an issue because there is only so much space in a bride's luggage!  So the happy couple came up with a wonderful alternative...my niece who is a breast cancer survivor, and her husband decided to make a generous donation in each guest's name to the organization that was so helpful in getting her through her treatments and surgeries.  The guests that were there had also been a big support to them, and they felt it would be a way that they could keep on giving.  So the favours were a scroll explaining to each guest about the donation being made in their name.  My niece asked me to make them have an antique-y, treasure map feel about them.  This is what I came up with:

 Here is the thank you card for those that attended or helped in her destination wedding:
I used versamark with seafoam white embossing powder.  I really liked how the white contrasted the ocean blue colour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Winnie said...

Such a beautfiul idea. Love the way you antiqued them I am sure they were really appreciated.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Wow! These are just beautiful!