Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nintendo DS Birthday Invitation!

My son is having his 11th birthday next week and has asked for a sleepover with 4 of his closest friends so they can play XBox and Nintendo DS games. He just bought his first DS with his own hard-earned money (and a little help from his older brother), so he is really passionate about Nintendo right now. This morning he asked me if I could make his invitations look like the Nintendo DS, and he went on to describe what he wanted. So the design is my son's idea, I can't take credit for that, but here is what I came up with. It is all computer generated.

The front of the invitation:
The inside, with his Nintendo in the background:
A closer view of the inside:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is exactly what I am trying to do for my son's birthday!! You are way more talented than I...I am not sure how to print the photo...I really want it to be as large as the DS itself...any hints as to how you did this? Would you make a bunch and sell them to me? :) Thanks for any info!

Happy Stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Do you happen to sell these invitations? They are absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Can you give some clues or ideas about making this type of card. Do you scan the D.S. or do you take a picture of the real D.S.and then crop/edit the birthday info?

Anonymous said...

very cool. I am currently designing one for my daughtes 10th bday. I was curious if ANY DSI invites were out there....so I found yours very cute! I will try to post mine to share! I too love to design unique invites for my kids!!

Vanessa said...

Hi, I'm planning a video game birthday party for my son in the spring. Can you share how you did this invitation? I love the design.